Thursday, October 3, 2019

i still think about killing myself twice a day


rule 12. anything you say can and will be used against you.
rule 13. anything you say can be turned into something else.
rule 21. original content is original only for a few seconds before
getting old.
rule 24. every repost is always a repost of a repost.
rule 22. copy ‘n paste is made to ruin every last bit of originality.
rule 23. copy ‘n paste is made to ruin every last bit of originality.
rule 82. nobody tells the truth on the internet
we don’t need the new sentence,
the old sentence re-framed is good enough.
command-z
post-plagiarism
aka
new anxiety always
???
i write it myself, edit it myself, censor it myself,
publish it myself, distribute it myself,
and spend time in jail for it myself.
a misrepresentation of identity:
the pressure to constantly be creative
as though that demonstrates value, worth
even the tour de france cyclists,
with their chemically enhanced performance
mimic competence
whenever i say “i” i mean “me at the time of experience”
not the “me of the present or the future.”
congratulations,
i’m sick of this history.
as the times change, so must we
now,
no one wears a watch
meme baiting poetry
ready made poetry
opportunistic expression poetry
i’m sorry i love you poetry
trying to not smoke poetry
“passive aggressive text messages”
is my writing style
most of my fantasies are cobbled together from other people’s
fantasies.
our poetry is loss
a cease and desist
is a great love letter
from corporate
watchdogs
if:
passion paralyzes good taste
maybe:
paralyzed passion = good taste
less words
so they mean more
proof that old way wasn’t working:
i looked at something
and felt this thing
which made me think another thing
and something about a shared feeling
this style of writing grows on you,
word by word
i didn’t see any poetry in the desert,
but i plugged my phone in before i went to sleep
good soft reading
for when you’re sitting on your phone
waiting for a cab or a drink
post-plagiarism is
post-modernism without
the anxiety of
having to correctly answer
what, exactly,
one is talking about
if you read, you are contaminated.
you retain phrases, i’m sure.
what do we think about when we think about nothing?
“there’s a song i can’t stand and it’s stuck in my head.”
can i be sure that’s how the quote goes?
the biggest mistake we make in writing is assuming the reader
knows what the author means.
if you know what i’m saying.
most things are absolutely swollen with bad writing, anyways.
allow me to be blunt, allow me to be obvious.
dare to be dangerous, sounding like new age again.
we were well educated, yes, with a lack of information
how do we phrase our worries in language that is readily
understood?
a loving fall-apart into a new stage of not-existing
i’ve lost the will to drown out my thoughts.
i’m listening -
closely.
focus on contempt when you speak about power
a desire for truth is proof we can’t always get what we want
i suppose i shall call it something else
understanding, perhaps.
perhaps i strive to be understood.
someone’s version of pretty
it’s all about the packaging
a lack of belief in the idea of progress-
“have not”s massacre the “have”s.
the supremacy of materials
the end of crucifi xion
the desire to do everything or absolutely nothing.
marked over, x’d out
an act of vandalism on the things we love
but tears are always archival
halting writing
we have to maintain a rule of life,
owing nothing to anybody
if you’re not ashamed of your writing
at least partially
then your writing resembles nothing
neither joan of arc nor anarchy
returning with the face of a murderer
or a modern encyclopaedist
upset by what i see,
unfortunately
“writing” or “power”
not joking or being dramatic
i, too, avoid the mirror
just responsibly blotting pages
a spectator assigned this as normal
a measurement:
how far is too far?
saying nothing has always been my favorite poetry
too many changes of feelings to keep track
memories of stepping on twenty dollar bills
and i still think about killing myself twice a day
you just write -
one chapter at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

call of duty: situationalist international

I just landed in Verdansk, Kastovia. I check my map: i'm in the middle of a field, in an area simply called 'farmland.' I can se...